Friday, August 28, 2009

It's been a looooooong time . . . . . .

What can I say?? I forgot I had a blog.

Haha, j/k. I don't really have a good excuse!!! Anyway, there's a little under a month until I leave for the MTC. Very exciting/scary!!! Some days I can't wait to go and some days I wonder if I'm actually cut out for this. But I know it will be great, and that the Lord will be with me. After all, if He wasn't, no one would be able to serve a mission!!

I've been having some fun adventures while I wait for my MTC date as well. Missionary clothes shopping has been . . . . an experience. Finding shirts and blouses wasn't really an issue, but skirts were a little more difficult to come by. Thank goodness for the missionary mall and Aunt Laurie!! And Katie, you will be glad to know that I found a bright yellow skirt to take to Ecuador with me. I'm not brave enough to try wearing it in the MTC but it will be great when I actually get into the mission field.

Some of my friends came up from Lafayette to celebrate my birthday this weekend and we had a total blast!!! Photographic documentation can be found on facebook. The only thing I'm going to say about these pictures is: don't be jealous. ;)

In other news, I'm going to the temple next weekend in Palmyra and am pretty excited about it. Then the weekend after that I'm going back to my Purdue ward to speak in sacrament meeting. Maybe if I'm lucky, they'll let me teach Relief Society like I used to!! Just kidding. Then Dad and I will take off for Provo on September 19th!!!!


1 comment:

  1. glad you got a fun skirt! You'll be able to buy all kinds of fun clothes once you get there I bet--and for cheap! just a few weeks away....LUCKY GIRL!

    ReplyDelete