So this post is dedicated to cousin Katie because she constantly asks me if I'm dating. I pretend that it's annoying but secretly I think it's funny. Incidentally, this is a theme with most of my married friends and relatives that are close to my age. I think it's because the dating game is over for them (luckies), so they have to live vicariously through everyone else. It's okay Katie, I still love you. ;)
Anyway, I met this guy at a YSA activity on Saturday. At first I thought he was someone I knew because based on outward appearances, they could have been brothers. I saw him checking me out a few times but didn't think anything of it. I figured if he wanted to make a move he would, and if he was too scared then he probably wasn't that into me anyway. (Sidenote: all of my single lady friends need to read the book He's Just Not That Into You. It's seriously life-changing.) Well, he asked me to dance a couple times, and he turned out to be a nice and relatively interesting person. He's also 6'5", which is a new dating height for me. It's one of the only times in my life that I've stood next to someone and felt short. I actually had to look up at him!!
So then we were sitting on the couches in the foyer and talking when I got a text from my friend Lindsey, who was sitting across the room. It said something to the effect of, "give him your number already!!" I didn't even have time to reply when I got another text from my friend James who was sitting next to Lindsey: "Come on, he's putting in the effort and we're all waiting for it!!" Well of course I was going to give it to him but I didn't want to do it while everyone was sitting there watching, so I waited until most people had cleared out and then gave him my number.
He texted me the next day and said that he would be in town Friday, so we decided to go out. We are going to Nine Irish Brothers, which is my absolute favorite restaurant here, and then going bowling. There will be another post afterward of course, but Katie you're getting a text from the bathroom. That's how much I love you. ;)
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awesome. You go girl! I hope it goes well. What does he do? When are you going to come and visit me?
ReplyDeletePee-ess. I miss our little late night chats. Maybe one day I will get FB again. For now, I will have to settle on stalking you. You can always e-mail me! I'm going to e-mail you right now. Wow...my pee-ess was longer than my comment.
Yahooo! You guys are going to breed future basketball and volleyball players! hahaha! (and yes I did just say "breed" before you even went on your first date and yes I do date vicariously through you--so it's about time I got out!) hahaha! Score! I'm excited for you date. Who knows--maybe you blog will turn into a dating journal (wink wink)
ReplyDelete